Friday, June 29, 2012

Sports in Turkey

Among all the sports in Turkey the most competitive and exciting sport is soccer. For me I am a huge fan of soccer, I love to watch it, and play it, so I knew that I had to learn about soccer in Turkey. Turkey has qualified three times for the World Cup finals in 1950, 1954, and 2002, although they withdrew from the 1950 event. Turkey has also qualified three times for the UEFA European Championship in 196, 2000, and 2008. They have reached semi-finals of three major tournaments: the 2002 World Cup, the 2003 Confederations Cup, and Euro 2008. In Turkey there are also soccer leagues in Turkey and the two big ones that are known are called Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. Also within the famous Real Madrid team, my favorite team, they have players that are Turkish. 


The most famous is Mesut Ozil who is part Turkish but was raised in Germany and plays as attacking midfielder.
Hamit Altintop is also a German born Turkish player who plays either defender or midfielder.




And lastly, Nuri Şahin is a also a German born Turkish player who plays as a midfielder 

No comments:

Post a Comment