Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fashion in Turkey

The Turkish Fashion is varies just like in the U.S but I noticed the trends in which they dress and style themselves.


The First thing I noticed was the beautiful handmade, flower printed head scarfs some of the women wore. A lot of the head scarfs had the Tulip which is the flower of Turkey. While the others had other flowers and designs that are rare to find in the U.S. The scarves would wrap around the neck and over the head and were mostly worn by elderly women and some younger women. I myself bought two head scarfs in the Grand Bazar that head a lace flower design and it came in a coral color and navy blue.

Another trend i noticed was something that is very popular in the U.S which is the colored skinny jeans that all the girls wear. The colors I saw was like a rainbow with normal colors and even to the pastel colors. The only difference is that since most of the girls in Turkey are Muslim some of them still wear the jeans during the summer while the U.S wear the colored denim shorts.
Along with the skinny jeans there were tons of people wearing Harem pants and if you don't know what Harem pants are then just think of MC Hammer's pants. These were being sold everywhere and so every tourist had a pair and even I bought myself a pair. These are by far the most comfortable and light pants you could ever wear so I recommend every women to buy a pair.
Now for the Men there was not much a difference with the guys dressing in the U.S. to the Turks but there was a trend for older men which were these little carry on bags. The first time I saw it was with our first tour guide and then later all the older men we met had their own little handbag to place all their things. The handbag was always black and leather and it almost looked like a camera bag to hold your camera. I was thinking to buy one for my dad but I knew he would never use it, but for the Turkish men it was definitely useful though.

No comments:

Post a Comment