Friday, June 29, 2012

Bathroom Culture in Turkey

Now the one thing I was most afraid of when going to Turkey was having to use the bathrooms because I imagined that in some places we would have to go find a tree. Then when I got there I found a new form of bathroom. Now the first interesting fact about the bathroom is that it is actually called a W.C which stands for water closet. The other inserting fact is that most places have just one bathroom for boys and girls.




The new toilet I discovered is called a squat toilet which is a whole in the ground. and in the bathrooms where they more than one stall they have 2 of those squat toilets and then one sit toilet. So whenever we saw the option of a sit toilet then we wouldn't mind waiting in a long line for that one stall. This was the time that I started to appreciate the toilets we have back home even though by the end of the trip I had become a pro at the squat toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment